About the Friends of Hocking Hills State Park
The Friends of the Hocking Hills State Park is a non-profit (501c3) membership organization for people who love the Hocking Hills and take special interest in improving Park features and preserving it for the enjoyment of future generations. Through fundraising and helping hands, the Friends work directly with the State Park staff to oversee a wide range of projects at the Park. Our Friends group is a member of the Friends for the Preservation of Ohio State Parks.
The Friends Mission Statement is “To foster a partnership between outdoor enthusiasts and Hocking Hills State Park that ensures a better place for nature education, while setting high conservation standards and raising a strong sense of responsibility for future generations.”
The goals of the Friends group are set high. The Friends have funded rope rescue safety equipment, playground equipment in the campground, a new archery range, and a butterfly habitat. These improvements have been made without state funds or fees to users, through the generosity of people just like you who love the area and have donated to the Friends of the Hocking Hills. Future goals include the construction of an impressive Astronomy Education Center to be built at the Hocking Hills State Park Lodge.
Since 2003, the Friends of Hocking Hills have donated over $365,000 in projects and funds to the Hocking Hills State Parks.
- Currently Raising Funds to construct John Glenn Astronomy Park
- Donated Park Safety Rope & Rescue Equipment
- Donated Playground Equipment in Old Man's Cave Campground
- Donated a Gator (All Terrain Vehicle)
- Constructed a New Archery Range
- Constructed a Wildlife Viewing Blind at Rose Lake
- Constructed A Butterfly Habitat and Gardens at Old Man's Cave
- Constructed Raptor cages
- Supported Naturalist Programs
- Supported Live Animal Care
- Funded a Study and Sponsored the Relocation of State Route 664 at Old Man's Cave
- Funded the Printing of Campground Maps
- Funded Statewide Volunteers in Parks Annual Camp Out
- Funded Updates to the Old Man's Cave Bisitor Center
Your donation makes a difference!
Board of Directors
Julieann Burroughs, President
Eric Hoffman, Vice President
Jeryy Jividen, Secretary
Greg Kidwell, Treasurer
Mark Hoffhines, Manager
Robin Donnelly, Program Manager
Karen Raymore, Executive Director
04/25/2017Complete Story »
FHHSP Raises Over $30,000 For Hocking Hills Dining Lodge Employees Who Lost Their Jobs Due To Last Years FireComplete Story »
01/09/2017Complete Story »